Delaware Joint Custody Agreement

A non-parent may apply to be appointed legal guardian if the child is neglected. The court must find that it is in the best interests of the child that it has appointed a legal guardian.1 Being a legal guardian is similar to custody, but it is not exactly the same, as parents still have some rights and obligations for the child. Custody cases in Delaware can be challenged and resolved by court order, or uncontested and defined in a custody agreement between the parents. A custody agreement or arrangement legally determines at least the following: Remember that establishing your DE custody agreement must be a negotiation filled with compromises between the two parties, not a fight, fight, or type of game where you win or lose. If you change your attitude and approach, a situation once condemned to a very emotional and stressful experience becomes a positive and productive process. where both parents eventually understand, recognize and raise the needs of children above their own. Custody is the right to make important decisions about your child. If you get custody of your child, you have the right to make the following decisions: Laws relating to child custody and visitation are available in the Delaware Code and you should stick to them when developing an educational plan in the state of Delaware. The court decides custody based on what is in the best interests of the child, and if parents can set aside their differences and work together to establish a mutually agreed education plan, it is certainly in the best interests of the child. In addition, with a custody settlement, you do not automatically receive child support. See Can I get support for my children and myself? for more details. As with any custody issue, we recommend that you speak to a lawyer. Some of the factors taken into account by Delaware in custody matters are the wishes of the child, the willingness of parents to work with their partner, and any history of domestic violence.

Delaware judges also have the option to pass a temporary custody regulation before making their final decision….

Pin It